As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, there’s no better time to start planning your summer deck transformation. If you’re thinking about adding or revamping an outdoor deck, now’s the time to do it! Ahead, find everything you need to know about designing the perfect outdoor deck for your home.
1. Define the purpose of your deck. Do you want a place to entertain guests? Relax in the sun? Or host outdoor dinner parties? Once you determine the purpose of your deck, you can start planning its design.
2. Consider the size and layout of your yard. How much space do you have to work with? Do you have any existing structures that could interfere with your deck plans? Sketch out a few potential designs and layouts to get an idea of what will work best in your yard.
3. Choose materials that complement your home. You want your deck to look like it belongs with the rest of your house, so be sure to choose materials that match the style and colour of your home’s exterior.
4. Don’t forget about lighting! Proper lighting is essential for any outdoor space—you’ll need it for entertaining at night and keeping things visible during the day. string lights, lanterns, and solar-powered lights are all great options for lighting up your deck.
5. Add some privacy. If you live in a busy neighbourhood or close to your neighbours, you might want to consider adding some privacy features to your deck design. A privacy screen, creepers or vines along the railing, or even just some potted plants can help create a more intimate space.
6. Deck out your railings. Railings are a great opportunity to get creative with your deck design. You can use different materials, incorporate unique details or embellishments, or even add built-in planters for a pop of colour. Just be sure to adhere to any local building codes when it comes to railing height and safety features.
7. Make it comfortable. No matter how beautiful your deck is, if it’s not comfortable people won’t want to spend time on it! Be sure to include plenty of seating options as well as some cushions or throw blankets for extra comfort. And if you really want to up your outdoor entertaining game, consider adding a fire pit or outdoor kitchen area.
8. Accessorise! Don’t forget the finishing touches—after all, it’s the small details that make a big impact.. Some final touches might include an outdoor rug, potted plants, candles or lanterns, and décor items that reflect your personal style.. Now that you’ve got all the information you need, it’s time to get started on turning your dream deck into reality! Here are well-designed decks that will provide plenty of inspiration to help get you started..